More than six years of experience in marketing, advertising, project management, graphic design, writing, editing, and related fields with a small hub airport in Western North Carolina.
- Promoted from Coordinator to Supervisor after five months as Interim Manager; successfully directed the department, handling all media relations, advertising, project management, event coordination, and staff supervision
- Handled deadline-oriented graphic design, including concept work, for internal and external visual communication elements
- Actively participated in decision-making processes for budgeting, project and event planning, advertising, and various large-scope developments
- Conducted Public Relations activities: Wrote, edited and disseminated news releases, handled media requests, including crisis-management, conducted community events and customer service activities
Nearly 7 years' experience as an independent design specialist and small business owner.
- Independently completed promotional and design work for clients with diverse projects
- Demonstrated ability to work a project from conceptualization to completion
- Handled all aspects of office management, including finance (invoicing and payables), ad buys, and marketing
- Hired after successful completion of summer internship (Jun. – July, 2004)
- Coordinated projects and conducted new business research and development
- Assisted with selecting, training, and supervising interns, and internship program growth
- Contributed to design concepts, brainstorming, and other creative processes
- Copy-edited and proofread internal and external documents
- Managed all reception and administrative duties